The Detroit Advisory Group is charged with supporting U-M’s mission of research, education, and service in partnership with Detroit communities.
Specifically, this group:
- advises University leadership on Detroit-related matters, emphasizing strategic direction, engagement, programming, and infrastructure, and including providing strategic guidance for the Detroit Center and Rackham Detroit;
- facilitates outreach and focus events to seek input from U-M partners and other stakeholders in Detroit;
- advises on specific events, workshops, and other work to build coordination and coherence in U-M Detroit engagement, including the annual research and teaching conference um3detroit; and
- enhances both internal and external transparency, fosters collaboration, and promotes best practices in alignment with the principles for community and civic engagement.
- Joshua Akers, U-M Dearborn
- Valeria Bertacco, Office of the Provost
- Mary Jo Callan, Ginsberg Center
- Ben Gaydos, College of Arts & Sciences, U-M Flint
- Barbara Israel, School of Public Health and Detroit Urban Research Center
- Debi Khasnabis, School of Education
- Bill Lovejoy, Ross School of Business
- Jerry Lynch, College of Engineering
- Damani Partridge, College of Literature, Sciences and the Arts, Anthropology and Department of AfroAmerican and African Studies.
- Mike Rein, Government Relations
- Luke Shaefer, School of Social Work and Ford School of Public Policy
- Trina Shanks, School of Social Work
- Feodies Shipp, U-M Detroit Center
- Anya Sirota, Taubman College of Architecture & Urban Planning
- Nick Tobier, Edward R. Ginsberg Senior Counselor to the Provost on Civic Engagement, and Professor, Stamps School of Art & Design