The Detroit Advisory Group is charged with supporting U-M’s mission of research, education, and service in partnership with Detroit communities.
Specifically, this group:
- advises University leadership on Detroit-related matters, emphasizing strategic direction, engagement, programming, and infrastructure, and including providing strategic guidance for the Detroit Center and Rackham Detroit;
- facilitates outreach and focus events to seek input from U-M partners and other stakeholders in Detroit;
- advises on specific events, workshops, and other work to build coordination and coherence in U-M Detroit engagement; and
- enhances both internal and external transparency, fosters collaboration, and promotes best practices in alignment with the principles for community and civic engagement.
- María Arquero de Alarcón, Taubman College of Architecture & Urban Planning
- Valeria Bertacco, Vice Provost for Engaged Learning, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of Computer Science and Engineering
- Bridgette Carr, Law School
- Bill Currie, School for Environment and Sustainability
- Jerry Davis, Ross School of Business
- Paul Draus, College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters, U-M Dearborn
- Evgueni Filipov, College of Engineering
- Ben Gaydos, College of Arts & Sciences, U-M Flint
- Debi Khasnabis, School of Education
- Damani Partridge, College of Literature, Sciences and the Arts, Anthropology and Department of Afroamerican and African Studies.
- Rogerio Pinto, School of Social Work
- Mike Rein, Government Relations
- Trina Shanks, School of Social Work
- Feodies Shipp III, U-M Detroit Center
- Nick Tobier, Stamps School of Art & Design