How to Reserve a Room
- Review Scheduling Policy
- Review parking information
- Fill out room request application
- Review Cost (when applicable)
- Check must be made out to: University of Michigan Detroit Center
- Payment is due two weeks prior to event date
- Submit application
About Room Reservations
One of the primary functions of the Detroit Center is to offer space for meetings and events. From here you can place a request to reserve a room for your meeting, lecture or other event.
Before placing a reservation request, please understand the following:
- Due to construction in the building, the North Studio is no longer available for room bookings or requests.
- Online reservation requests do not guarantee the requested room, date or time
- Confirmation of your request will be sent via e-mail immediately
- A separate e-mail will be sent within 24-48 hours detailing the status of your request
- Requests must be made at least 48 hours prior to intended start time
- Room cancellations must be made within three days of your event start time. Any canceled event is subject to a $100 cancellation fee.
- Room time is reserved in increments of 15-minute intervals (15, 30, 45, etc.)
- University of Michigan units are required to provide a shortcode to reserve rooms at the Detroit Center. The shortcode will only be used if your unit reserves a room, but: 1.) fails to cancel it within 24 hours if the room is no longer needed; or, 2.) reserves a room for a specific time, but fail to occupy the room within 2 hours of the start time. If you have any question about this policy, please contact Facilities Coordinator Gerrard Rayford – email@example.com
- University of Michigan units: Free of Charge
- University of Michigan-Dearborn units: Free of Charge
- U-M Alumni, Partners, Non-Profits and Organizations: Discounts available, please submit your inquiries to the Detroit Center
- There is a charge for U-M units, U-M Alumni, Non-Profits and Organizations if event is after-hours.
- There are additional services that the Detroit Center offers with an additional fee. These services and the fees are listed below. If you require any additional services, please let the Detroit Center staff know and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
- Catering Support- $50
- 25 plates
- 25 cups
- 25 spoons
- 25 forks
- 25 knives
- 25 napkins
- 25 resealable bags
- Administrative Support- $25
- Sorting and organizing paperwork
- Personnel copying/printing
- Hole punching
- Other paperwork
- Catering Support- $50
Room Request Application
Fields marked with an * are required