How to Reserve a Room
- Review Scheduling Policy
- Review parking information
- Fill out room request application
- Review Cost (when applicable)
- Check must be made out to: University of Michigan Detroit Center
- Payment is due two weeks prior to event date
- Submit application
About Room Reservations
One of the primary functions of the Detroit Center is to offer space for meetings and events. From here you can place a request to reserve a room for your meeting, lecture or other event.
Before placing a reservation request, please understand the following:
- Room reservations must include setup and teardown times, as we do book rooms back to back
- Online reservation requests do not guarantee the requested room, date or time
- Confirmation of your request will be sent via e-mail immediately
- A separate e-mail will be sent within 24-48 hours detailing the status of your request
- Requests must be made at least 48 hours prior to intended start time
- Room cancellations must be made within 24 hours of your event start time. Any events cancelled less than 24 hours prior or any no-show events are subject to a $33 cancellation fee.
- Room time is reserved in increments of 15-minute intervals (15, 30, 45, etc.)
- University of Michigan units are required to provide a shortcode to reserve rooms at the Detroit Center. The shortcode will only be used if your unit reserves a room but fails to cancel it within 24 hours if the room is no longer needed or if your unit does not show for the event. If you have any question about this policy, please contact Facilities Coordinator Gerrard Rayford – firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Michigan units: Free of Charge
- University of Michigan-Dearborn units: Free of Charge
- U-M Alumni, Partners, Non-Profits and Organizations: Discounts available, please submit your inquiries to the Detroit Center
- There is a charge for U-M units, U-M Alumni, Non-Profits and Organizations if event is after-hours.
Room Request Application
Fields marked with an * are required
If you are required to pay for your room, you will be provided an invoice at the time of your room confirmation. We are not able to accept cash, but we do accept credit cards, money orders, and checks. In order to pay via credit card, please visit the following link and follow the instructions below.
Scroll down to Pay by Credit Card
Select “Pay Now”
Click “Go to Secure Payment Provider to Pay My Bill
Enter the amount of the payment
Enter the Security Code provided
Complete the Order, Payment, and Billing Information (NOTE: The Invoice Number should be UMDCRmRent)
Select “Pay Now”