How to Reserve a Room
- Review room options
- Review Scheduling Policy
- Review room availability calendar
- Review parking information
- Fill out room request application below
- Review Cost (when applicable)
- Check must be made out to: University of Michigan Detroit Center
- Payment is due two weeks prior to event date
- Submit application
About Room Reservations
One of the primary functions of the Detroit Center is to offer space for meetings and events. From here you can place a request to reserve a room for your meeting, lecture or other event.
Before placing a reservation request, please understand the following:
- Due to construction in the building, the North Studio is no longer available for room bookings or requests.
- Online reservation requests do not guarantee the requested room, date or time
- Confirmation of your request will be sent via e-mail immediately
- A separate e-mail will be sent within 24-48 hours detailing the status of your request
- Requests must be made at least 48 hours prior to intended start time
- Room cancellations must be made within three days of your event start time. Any canceled event is subject to a $100 cancellation fee.
- Room time is reserved in increments of 15-minute intervals (15, 30, 45, etc.)
- University of Michigan units are required to provide a shortcode to reserve rooms at the Detroit Center. The shortcode will only be used if your unit reserves a room, but: 1.) fails to cancel it within 24 hours if the room is no longer needed; or, 2.) reserves a room for a specific time, but fail to occupy the room within 2 hours of the start time. If you have any question about this policy, please contact Facilities Coordinator Gerrard Rayford – email@example.com
- University of Michigan units: Free of Charge
- University of Michigan-Dearborn units: Free of Charge
- U-M Alumni, Partners, Non-Profits and Organizations: Discounts available, please submit your inquiries to the Detroit Center
- There is a charge for U-M units, U-M Alumni, Non-Profits and Organizations if event is after-hours.
Room Request Application
Fields marked with an * are required